Friday, March 18, 2016

Bring Your Own Cup

Read somewhere yesterday that, today and tomorrow, 7 Eleven is running a Slurpee promotion called “Bring Your Own Cup”, where you bring big containers, load up all the Slurpee you want and pay a flat rate of $1.50.

After checking out the promotion online, and getting a kick out of the kinds of “cups” folks were bringing, I figured why not join the fun. Especially since my Clean Eating Program hasn’t been all that clean lately.

I looked around the cupboard and had the choice of two water bottles.



Not wanting to take advantage -- though it looks like many are ... because it's part of the fun, I settled on the smaller.





Once back at the complex, I checked into the Community Room and learned ten residents stuck around after the potluck and attended the Residents/Management meeting.

Once again, Nurse Ratched’s kleptomaniac boss was supposed to have shown up, but did not. As for what was discussed, all anyone would say was “more lies”.

Glad I took a nap instead.

Though I processed that sense of rage fairly quickly, I'm still processing the loss of my favorite belt in that I'm kicking myself for not at least going to the police department to see if I could have filed some kind of paperwork. Not that I expected anything to be done but just for the record in case I see her wearing the belt, she says it's hers, I say it's mine, as a form of proof.

It was a few weeks ago when I’d posted we must have a nest around here because I’d been seeing wasps on the overhead by my front door. Sure enough, Maintenance Manager stopped by this afternoon, look around and the nest was closer than I thought


Orange Circle Marks the Spot

On my own patio … practically on top of me each and every time I opened the door to the patio storage area.

Maintenance Supervisor quickly snatched it down with his own hands (Was I impressed? Yes. Absolutely), tossed it away and sprayed the area as an extra precaution.

Now knowing the nest was over my head when I opened the patio door, day before yesterday to retrieve craft supplies, I’m very creeped out.

Spring … when bees, lizards, birds, wasps, other species of Nature's creepy crawlies come out to play, not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment