Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Snooze and Lose

Weather cooling off, I found myself feeling less too pooped to pop today. In fact, outside looked so inviting along about 3:00 that I felt good enough to suit up and put in 2.24 miles around the complex.

It’s now raining, but it was nice while it lasted.

I did not make it to yesterday’s Valentine’s Day Party.

Thinking the party was at noon, I headed down to the Community Room a little after 11:00, only to discover -- though the room was full of residents, I’d read the activity calendar incorrectly and the party wasn’t to start until 2:00.

After placing my contribution to the party in the Community Room fridge, I asked around as to who had Older Sister’s telephone number. That individual gave Older Sister a call to see if she was coming down, as I had time to show her how to read counted cross stitch patterns.

Older Sister planned to come down closer to 2:00, which wasn’t going to work for me because, already tired, I’d become hungry as well. So after hanging around, chit chatting with the folks for a bit, I excused myself to grab some lunch. Asked if I’d be back for the party, “I’m not sure” was my answer and I alerted The Seer, just in case I didn’t return, potato salad was in the fridge.

After a not s0 clean-eating but delicious chicken burger and fries, from the local fast food place, I lay down on the couch for a nap around 12:30 and didn’t wake up until 4:00 -- way too late for the party but just in time for Judge Judy.

If pot lucks are going to be moved, by the Activity Director, from the usual noon hour to 2:00 in the afternoon, there’ll probably be a lot more snoozing and losing from me as I’m a morning person and not all that interested in hanging out in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment