Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Buyer’s Remorse

Five days into the new year and nothing.

Haven’t done anything.

Haven’t gone anywhere.

Except yesterday, when I got out of the shower and noticed a blinking light on the cell phone to indicate I’d missed a call.

It was that nice Walmart manager who, on December 14th, said “I can’t promise, but if another shipment of pattie pies comes in, I’ll let you know.”

A shipment had come in overnight, been set up that morning, and was down to ten by the time of her call.

Having just gotten out of the shower, I got dressed as fast as I could and headed out the door, wet hair and all to find out what’s the big deal with these pies.

In the car, driving to the location of the manager’s out-of-my-area store, I noticed in the mirror that, while rushing to slap makeup on my face, I’d failed to correctly pencil in my eyebrows to match. The left one was ridiculously lower than the right.

That prohibited me from running any errands while I was out, other than picking up two pattie pies, which I managed to do – one for me, one for the Community Room.

So later settling down to a lunch of delicious pie and coffee, I was surprised to find I’d bitten into something that didn’t taste anything like I’d expected. This being the internet and all, not wanting to get sued, I can’t say too much. Suffice it to say I took both pies down to the Community Room and left out on the counter for the old folks to have at it. They’ll eat anything.

So much for allowing myself be taken in by the hype, but at least now I don’t feel like I missed out on anything. It’s better to know than to wonder.

It’s raining cats and dogs today, so chalk up another day of going nowhere doing nothing in the new year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh, you made me laugh. The pie was all hype! I'm not surprised.

    ReplyDelete