Thursday, December 10, 2015

More Than I Can Chew?

Wanting to get photos of the residents’ finished work on the Christmas Trees, I went down to the Community Room this morning and found everything, once again, locked up with notes taped to the doors … “Office is closed today, sorry for the inconvenience.”

How funny is that?

Nurse Ratched gives the residents that sob story about being alone in the office this week, needing help and, once they do her job for her, she shuts down the place and takes a day off.

I later learned not only that but yesterday, while the residents were decorating, she disappeared for two hours.

Lunch perhaps, but little wonder she’s always crying about too much work to do when 1) She does none of the work herself and 2) The office is so often closed.

Once again I say … whatever.

At any rate, thoughts today turned to Saturday’s Cookie Swap. I’m beginning to fear I may have bitten off more than I can chew in thinking I can make those Melted Snowman Cookies.

Having already purchased the ingredients and decorating materials – all of which cost a small fortune, it’s too late to back out now.

The Cookie Swap is Saturday. My plan was to make the cookies fresh that morning; but now I’m thinking I’d better devote tomorrow to the cookies, just in case I make a mess of the project and need to come up with a backup plan.

Lastly, a tree on the Walmart parking lot became the third recipient of a Random Act of Christmas Cheer.




2 comments:

  1. i realized that Nurse Ratched reminds me of my boss's boss at a previous job. She was two-faced and always dumping things on him I was glad she wasn't MY supervisor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Nurse Ratched accepts credit for decorating the tree, instead of telling her boss the residents did the work.

      Delete