Saturday, December 5, 2015

Life Goes on


Despite our flag being at half staff, reminding us of Wednesday’s unbelievable event, and despite social media rumors that it isn’t over yet, and despite the Inland Empire area being still the hot topic in the news, this morning felt like waking up to a normal uneventful day in the hood.

Yesterday’s dark chocolate muffin, with chocolate chips inside, hit the spot. Perking right up on a sugar and caffeine high, I moved on, from the completed bedroom closet, to de-cluttering and reorganizing the kitchen cabinets.

Today, I’m going to tackle the junk drawers.

Although I’ve strived my whole life for the minimalist decorating look, I’ve never been able to get as minimalist as I’d like, but at least now all the unnecessary stuff is gone, and what’s left are items I actually do use and need.

Across the quad, over in the corner, the Nosey Neighbor couldn’t contain her curiosity. After watching me haul bag after bag after bag of stuff down to the dumpster and to the car for donating, she stepped out onto her patio at one point and asked, “What’s going on?”

“I’m de-cluttering. Getting rid of stuff I’ve been hanging onto for no reason.”

I guess she didn’t believe me because, when granddaughter came over yesterday to pick-up Christmas decorations I was giving away, and I helped her haul the stuff down to the car, Nosey Neighbor stepped out on the porch and asked, “Are you moving?”

Roflmao!

The Community Room is once again open on weekends and I’ve been invited down for eggnog with the folks.

Yuk!

My mom used to drink that stuff. I never like the looks of it, never tasted it, never will. So on tap for me today are the junk drawers, finally getting around to shampooing the carpet, and getting back to my needlepoint project.

Kathy, over at Second Half of My Life, has been hanging ornaments to trees in what she calls Random Acts of Christmas Cheer. The photos she posts make me smile so, deciding to make someone else smile, I hung an ornament to the tree outside the complex ... the tree overhanging the bus bench.


2 comments:

  1. You're AWESOME! Think we'll start a movement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun thing to see and do, that will be disappointed if doesn't turn into one.

      Delete