Monday, November 2, 2015

Objects in Mirror are Closer Than They Appear

Life looks to be really slow around here through the end of the year. I’ve not seen a November Calendar of Events yet, but there’s not likely anything of note except for possibly a Thanksgiving Celebration. So with no upcoming 5Ks to prepare for, it’s back to normal life – slow walks around the complex, needlepoint, scrapbooking.

At least, I hope its back to normal life. There’s still the issue of life possibly being turned upside down once again, as it was the year I relocated to Long Beach to help a relative out.

I’ve recovered emotionally from the trauma of that experience, but am far from recovering financially, and here it comes again with that relative moving into the complex next door.

Meditating on the situation has brought up Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, telling his disciples “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death.”

That’s how I felt during the Long Beach episode.

Going a little farther in the Garden, Jesus fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

That’s how I feel now.

After 22 Weeks of no sugar, the weight of what I have on my mind right now sent me into self-medicating with a chocolate muffin yesterday.

Was it worth it?

Yes. It was pretty darn tasty and didn’t upset my stomach.

Will I do it again?

Hopefully not, but no promises.

I’m to begin the lease renewal process this Friday, so there’s the temptation to take this opportunity to flee the complex for another; but I won’t in the understanding everything happens for a reason.

This may be a test to see if I’ve learned my lesson so, as a spiritual student, I’m willing to work myself through not as I will, but as the Infinite All wills of me. Only this time, I've learned it really is true that no good deed goes unpunished; consequently, will never again put the needs of others ahead of my own needs, and I will not allow myself to become emotionally or financially involved in other people's problems ... problems arising out their own choices or the challenges not of their own choosing, but that which life has given them to work through.

So anyway, I’ve still not received the results of Saturday’s Halloween 5K, but I was pleasantly surprised by a photo the race organizers took.



There are no actual mirrors involved, but look how close I was to overtaking the young woman in front of me. I was really nipping at her heels, nearly overtaking and putting her into last place.

No comments:

Post a Comment