Saturday, November 28, 2015

Lighting Ceremony 2015

Awoke to 39 degree weather this morning.

That explains how it was that I’d had the personal heater going during the night, right smack dab at the foot of the bed, and STILL felt chilled to the bone when I got up.

I wonder how cold it has to be before it begins to snow, was my first thought; I’m gonna need warmer jammies, my second.

Seriously wondering about how cold it has to be, I googled it … “If it is 32 degrees Fahrenheit or colder inside the clouds, it will snow.”

We’re getting there.

The mess I made in the living room yesterday did indeed get a whole lot worse before it got better and, when all was said and done, I’d cleared out seven containers and, coincidentally, hauled seven hefty bags full of stuff down to the dumpster. Hopefully the two dumpster divers on the property won’t go tearing the bags open, making a mess, looking for recyclables -- which is what I’ve learned they are diving for.

Piled in a corner are the empty containers and extra Christmas decorations awaiting granddaughter’s decision as to what she’ll take before I offer to other residents or drop off at the Salvation Army. So the storage room de-clutter project essentially a done deal, it was on to setting up the patio.

Setting the timer for 5:00, I was bundled up warm on the couch, watching my own little 2015 display come to life, while most of the city was freezing their butts off at the Mission Inn’s Lighting Ceremony.

Tada!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely. Yes, you should be a department store window decorator!

    ReplyDelete