Monday, October 12, 2015

Rules Made to be Broken?

Today was another one of those early days.

Wide awake at 3:30, I piddled around until it was light enough outside to head out for a walk.

I had a long wait because, instead of having to wait until 5:30, it hasn’t been getting light out until 6:30, which tells me it’s about time to Fall Forward.

There are three of us who faithfully walk the complex early morning. We don’t walk together; we just wave and do our own thing. I did, however, stop when I ran across the resident who lost her income when she lost caring for her mother.

It didn’t hit me until I saw her that I’d not seen her for quite some time, so I paused to greet and learned I’d not seen her because she’d been hospitalized … again. First was that bowel obstruction that required surgery, which obstruction I attribute to gripping fear and worry after losing her income. Through the Grace of God and the goodness of her son, she’s still here, but this time she was hospitalized for having “broken” her back in a fall.

I don’t know much about those kinds of injuries but, when I later saw her dumpster diving the three dumpsters on the complex, I thought her to be in pretty good shape for someone recovering from a “broken” back.

Until I saw this resident dumpster diving, there’s been only one other resident I've observed doing so almost on a daily basis, which prompted Nurse Ratched to issue a rule prohibiting dumpster diving. Despite the rule, that resident has continued to do so … with gusto. I mean she actually climbs IN the dumpsters. The resident I observed this morning was prepared. She had gloves, a grabber and an overall worker’s apron.

I don’t know what the two are diving for, but hopefully neither is so desperate as to be diving for food.

Another observation this morning was that the adult son and his little daughter are either once again or still living surreptitiously with the neighbor I use to work out in the pool with.

I blog about what I see going on in the complex, but I would never report it. Live and let live is my motto, so long as what others do has no impact on me personally. However, there are folks who have nothing better to do than observe and snitch.

Such is the case with this resident from the pool.

Nurse Ratched has been informed and has been trying to catch the son and child living with the resident for as long as I’ve been in the complex. The resident from the pool was actually laughing when telling me how much she enjoyed outwitting Nurse Ratched.

She’s used the old “Best Defense is an Offense” by ranting and raging at Nurse Ratched when accused, has out-and-out lied “they’re visiting” and, when Nurse Ratched had her snitch get the make, model and license on the son’s car, she had the tow truck come in early morning to find and tow the car.

The resident said she outwitted her by having the son hide the car in the enclosed garage.

How the resident had advanced notice about the tow truck, I do not know, but I myself use to see the tow truck come through looking.

The son does such a good job of getting in and out without being seen, that I myself have only seen him leaving twice.

The resident is risking her tenancy here because, if Nurse Ratched ever gets the proof she wants, she’s sure to evict the resident for lease violation.

I posed to the resident that why doesn’t she and the adult son pool their resources and get a place together. That was so long ago that I don’t recall for sure why she didn’t want to do that, but I think it had something to do with the son not being reliable. That he'd get a girlfriend and leave the resident stranded.

The son is quite handsome and buff. For a while, he did have a girlfriend he was living with, until the girlfriend got tired of supporting him, tossed him out and sent him back to his mom. It’s risky what the resident is doing, but all told, it’s been off and on for almost four years and Nurse Ratched hasn’t been able to catch them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment