Sunday, October 18, 2015

Halloween Spooktacular

This makes Medal No. 22



The Official Results were posted almost instantly at the race site. I forgot to check, but no worries because, by the time I got back to the complex, they’d already been posted online.


Last names edited out for reasons of privacy of others.
Please draw your attention to the ages of the participants just ahead of me and a few of the 46 I managed to beat.

The hills were killer (correction: It was a mountain we were climbing. A steep incline all the way up), but I did quite well -- probably because of the cool weather. There was even a refreshing rain for two three minutes while out on the course, but it didn’t stop the sweating off of my makeup foundation and concealer from exertion.

No telling when, if ever, I’ll get an Official Race Photo, as the organizers used volunteers rather than the professionals of previous years. However, as I ran into one of the girls from the 5K runner’s group I walk with, she took a photo for me.



The Michonne outfit was, once again, a crowd favorite. However, the woman hosting the costume contest (another volunteer, not a professional) had a senior moment, got to the end of the costume judging line, said she’d forgotten which costumes the crowd had yelled the loudest for, so she herself arbitrarily chose and left me out.



Was I miffed at being left out after I got such a gratifying crowd reaction?

Yes, a little, at first, because the prize was a really neat medal. However, falling back on my motto, “Everything happens for a cosmic reason”, I let it go.

Saw a lot of costumes I’d have liked to have taken a photo for you to see, but was so preoccupied with finishing the race and responding to requests for photos of Michonne that I was only able to capture a few.





This guy obviously bought the slab of bacon costume for the Bacon Run and decided, since that race was rescheduled, he’d get some use from the costume.

I expect to see a lot of these at next week’s Bacon Run.

The kids were all especially cute.


Adorable




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations,Shirley! I'm in awe. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete